Monday, October 6, 2014

State of the Household: 7 months


Wowsers. So, about a million and a half things have happened since I've been able to sit down and get some coherent sentenced typed! First things first, the tiny one is 7 MONTHS OLD. I know some of you out there might be like "really? That's it?" I could swear I just had her. She's crawling, talking, pulling herself up, and even taking a few steps. I swear she's more toddler than baby. She's SO busy all the time - playing, discovering, and watching. It's insane.

We also took some pictures of her for a 6 month shoot. She's growing like a weed, so we wanted to capture her at this age. No posing or staging - just her. I think we did a pretty good job :).




I'm not sure I want to meet the person who could say "no" to that face. ;) 

In Disney news, we lost some of our favorite attractions this month. Malestrom and Studio Backlot Tour have both gone belly up, with the former being replaced by a Frozen-themed ride. Now folks, you know I love me some Frozen. I really do. I've yet to "Let It Go" and insist on singing it anytime I can fit it into polite (or even impolite) conversation. But I feel like this reimagination of this ride needs to be handled differently than your average ride. Epcot is a different park. The World Showcase is truly an introduction to other countries and cultures. While the characters do meet and greets in their various countries of origin, fitting a ride to a movie isn't the norm there. It's my hope that we can maintain the general idea of the Malestrom and simply incorporate some of the characters of Frozen. I hope they talk about the beauty of Norway so that the ride fits the mold. We shall see.
And BST? Well, I'm just not sure what's happening there. Rumors state that they're making way for the expansion of the Pixar portion of the park, and some have pointed to an entirely new Star Wars Land (SWOON). But I'm not sure anything has been confirmed at this point. While I was never the kind to run to the Tour, I did enjoy it. And I actually enjoyed the costuming portion more than the different props and scenes. I may be in the minority there. :)  I hope Disney does something special with that area. DHS is too small to have such a large portion of the park empty!

And while we're talking about DHS - Frozen has made it's mark there as well! The Frozen Summer Series has been extended indefinitely, but it's taking on a different name. You'll still be able to enjoy Sing Alongs, Wandering Oken's Sauna and the stage shows through at the holidays. Chances are, we'll be singing a lot more of Elsa, Anna, Olaf and the rest of the crew!

It's been a crazy ride these past few months, and if you've managed to follow along, you deserve some kind of medal. I don't have a medal to give you, but you should at least give yourself a pat on the back. I've got some yummy recipes that  I'll be posting soon, so be sure to check back for updates on me, Disney and deliciousness! 



1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about Epcot not being the place for a Frozen attraction. I do think it should be more about the countries and the history, rather than all about the movies. (Though I'm guessing the Frozen attraction will be more popular than whatever ride it might take over, so maybe they thought it would give Epcot as a whole a boost in traffic?)

    Also - I hadn't heard about the Backlot Tour! :( That was one of my favorites. I loved riding through the different areas in the tram and checking out the movie props - even if it did feel a bit outdated the last time I went.

    ReplyDelete