Saturday, July 9, 2011

Voices of Liberty

Tucked into the American Experience at EPCOT is a group of 8 people who will knock your socks off. These 8 people form the Voices of Liberty, and when they belt out "God Bless America" in the amazing acoustics of the rotunda, you'll be sure to wipe a tear from your eye.

Performing at different times throughout the day, the Voices of Liberty bring their vocal stylings to such classics as "Old Man River", "Shenendoah" (which is absolutely amazing, by the way), and "Amazing Grace". Their voices mesh so well that you'll be hard pressed to choose your favorite performer.

I am ashamed to say it, but I have a habit of skipping the American Experience all together. In my mind, I'm IN America. When I have the opportunity to visit pavilions from Japan, Mexico, France and Italy, who wants to see MORE of the country I live in? I'm pretty sure my husband feels the same way, too. However, I purchased a CD of Disney Park music on our last trip and heard a beautiful rendition of "Golden Dream", a sort of signature song of the Voices of Liberty. I was hooked. On top of it all, Chad had actually sung it in high school, so he already knew the song.

And, like I tend to do, I took my new found passion to YouTube. I am so glad I did. Other guests have posted their videos of Voices that are simply amazing. Check some of them out below.









Amazing, right? Did that last soloist give you chills? I've watched that clip over 100 times now and I STILL get chills with that last note. It's just perfection.

So next time you're walking in the World Showcase, be sure to pop in and catch an amazing concert. It's air conditioned, your feet could use a little rest, and most of all, your ears will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment