Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Recipe: Chicken and Rice Casserole

Well, the stomach flu is in full effect here in the house. Hubby is sick with the regular flu, and Mia has some sort of bug. We're all a real barrel of monkeys at this point. Now, when the mere thought of food makes you want to run to the restroom, you've gotta make sure that whatever you eat is going to hit the spot (and still be light enough to keep you from...well, you know.)

Enter Chicken and Rice Casserole.

My mom has been making this for me since I was a wee one. Every time I've had an upset stomach, she's made this for me, and it's helped me feel better. It's actually the recipe of my Aunt's mother in law. It's seriously delicious.

So, I present to you, Chicken and Rice Casserole:

Mrs.  Rawlings' Chicken and Rice Casserole
Ingredients:
  • 2-3 chicken breasts, but into bite size pieces
  • 2.5 cups of chicken broth (or stock)
  • 1.5 cups of rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
  • 4 Tablespoons of butter, separated
  • 2 tablespoons Parsley
  • 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
  • 1 tablespoon Celery Salt
  • 1 tablespoon Garlic Salt
  • (Optional) 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chicken, broth, rice, better and seasoning into casserole dish. Stir well. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few moments before serving. Enjoy!


Hopefully you and your family find this as comforting and delicious as I do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment